Community Health Worker No-Cost Training Program Info Sessions
Community Health Workers (CHWs are trusted, knowledgeable frontline health personnel who typically come from the communities they serve. CHWs bridge cultural and linguistic barriers, expand access to coverage and care and improve health outcomes.
The BCC program:
• Prepares participants to work as CHWs
• Meets the training requirements for NYS CRPA certification
• Is FREE
Upon completion, graduates will
• Be prepared to take the CRPA IC & RC certification exam
• Apply for CRPA certification with the New York Certification Board
• Have all CRPA certification and exam fees covered by the program
• Earn nine credits towards a Public Health Administration Associate Degree at Bronx Community College
• Receive connections to employment opportunities!
Participants must have an annual income under $30,000 and a High School Diploma/TASC, be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the U.S. and desire to guide and serve those in recovery.
Please scan the QR code in the flyer at http://site.bcc.cuny.edu/broadcasts/2018/10/BHOP_Training_Program.pdf to be directed to Campus CE, where you can create an account and then register for an information session. After you create the account, please go to “health care courses” to register for an information session.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.933.4315 and provide your full name and phone number.
November 5, 2018 — January 14, 2019
5:00 PM — 9:00 PM
Bronx Community College
2155 University Avenue
Snow Hall [SN]