Online Information Session: Child Development Associate Certificate
You can register for this event on the CUNY SPS website.
Offered in partnership with the New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute, the Child Development Associate (CDA) Certificate program at the CUNY School of Professional Studies is the only comprehensive credit-bearing CDA certificate in New York City.
The program provides students with advisement, writing support, portfolio creation, career services, and classroom observation in pursuit of the CDA Credential.
The undergraduate CDA courses enable early childhood professionals working with children birth to age 5 to:
• Demonstrate the use of the developmental perspective in their work with young children and families.
• Support second-language learners and children with special needs in early childhood education programs.
• Examine and reflect on their teaching, both orally and in writing.
• Apply effective classroom practices and create developmentally appropriate learning environments.
• Use strategies and techniques to strengthen connections between their centers and children’s homes.
• Use skills and resources to assist parents in caring for their children.
We invite you to learn more about the CDA Certificate by attending this online information session.
Claudine Campanelli, Higher Education Coordinator
NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute
May 16, 2019
1:00 PM — 1:45 PM
CUNY School of Professional Studies
119 W. 31st Street
New York, NY 10001