Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program Information Session
LaGuardia Community College has partnered with the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative to help small businesses in the greater New York metropolitan area to grow and create jobs.
The initiative will enable small business owners to access a dynamic combination of coursework, business advising, and support services that will help them grow their firms.
Through the support of the Goldman Sachs Foundation, business owners selected to participate in 10,000 Small Businesses will receive a full scholarship covering tuition and program materials.
***We are currently accepting applications for the next upcoming class.***
Selected business owners will:
* Participate in an 11-session business entrepreneurship training program that examines business fundamentals through the lens of the participants’ actual business experiences
* Receive comprehensive one-on-one business advisory services that help business owners develop and implement tailored growth plans
* Complete the program with a personalized growth plan tailored to their business
* Be provided with access to technical assistance to help business owners to focus on their most critical business issues and increase capacity
To be considered for the program, applicants must be the primary owner or co-owner of a business that generally meets the following criteria:
* Business revenues between $150,000 and $4 million in the most recent fiscal year
* At least four employees (including the applicant)
* Business has been in operation for at least two years
* The potential and desire to grow and create jobs in the community
To learn more & download the application visit us @ www.laguardia.edu/10ksb
January 11, 2012 - June 27, 2012
LaGuardia Community College
29-10 Thomson Avenue
Long Island City, Queens