Please Join the ABA Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights & Responsibilities and the CUNY School of Law's Center on Latino and Latina Rights and Equality for Toward Equality in Our Schools: Mendez v. Westminster 1947.
The evening will include a conversation with
- Sylvia Mendez, Presidential Medal of Freedom Winner
- Janice Munemitsu, Daughter of Japanese American Relocation Camp Internees
discussing the family and children behind Mendez v. Westminster.
It will also include excerpts from the Emmy Award winning documentary Mendez v. Westminster: For All the Children/Para Todos Los Niños and comments by special guest, Mendez documentarian Sandra Robbie.
A reception and book signing of Sylvia and Aki by Winifred Conkling will follow.
Program is open to the public. Seating is limited. Please RSVP by May 18, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hispanic National Bar Foundation
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- University of Chicago Latino Alumni Network
- ABA Section of Individual Rights & Responsibilities
- ABA Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession
June 5, 2012
CUNY School of Law
160 West 62nd Street
New York, NY
Fordham University School of Law